The Chairman of MIO-ECSDE Prof. Michael Scoullos goes to Gafsa, Tunisia, in support of an EU funded project dedicated to the historical Gafsa oasis (certified by the FAO in 2011 as a Globally Important Agricultural Heritage System-GIAHS). A MIO-ECSDE member organization, the Association for the Protection of the Medina of Gafsa, in its long standing efforts to preserve the oasis for current and future generations, is through this project promoting income-generating activities for the promotion of its products and by-products by women and youth groups. A very successful national festival took place in Tunis last December (see a short film in Arabic). The goal is to halt the loss of biodiversity and the ‘shrinking’ of the oasis, enhance the local economy, increase awareness and support the local community by involving them in the sustainable development of their oasis. The role of MIO-ECSDE is to overview the progress of the project and provide technical assistance.
- From marine litter field data and knowledge to collective actions: MPA managers and other stakeholders gather in the Ebro Delta Natural Park for a mutual learning workshop 02/12/2021
- La pollution olfactive fait progressivement son entrée dans les agendas politiques 24/11/2021
- EP Intergroup, D-NOSES and MIO-ECSDE help odour pollution advance into policy agendas 24/11/2021
- Faire du nouveau Bauhaus européen une réalité : “L’éducation, l’éducation, l’éducation”, dit MIO-ECSDE 19/11/2021
- Making the New European Bauhaus a reality: “Education, Education, Education”, says MIO-ECSDE 19/11/2021