The Chairman of MIO-ECSDE Prof. Michael Scoullos goes to Gafsa, Tunisia, in support of an EU funded project dedicated to the historical Gafsa oasis (certified by the FAO in 2011 as a Globally Important Agricultural Heritage System-GIAHS). A MIO-ECSDE member organization, the Association for the Protection of the Medina of Gafsa, in its long standing efforts to preserve the oasis for current and future generations, is through this project promoting income-generating activities for the promotion of its products and by-products by women and youth groups. A very successful national festival took place in Tunis last December (see a short film in Arabic). The goal is to halt the loss of biodiversity and the ‘shrinking’ of the oasis, enhance the local economy, increase awareness and support the local community by involving them in the sustainable development of their oasis. The role of MIO-ECSDE is to overview the progress of the project and provide technical assistance.
- Call for applications for organizing a MIO-ECSDE Mediterranean Action Day 2019 on participatory science 04/01/2019
- NGOs counter industry’s lobby against citizens’ right to know about toxic chemicals in everyday products 21/12/2018
- Des ONG s’opposent au lobbying de l’industrie contre le droit des citoyens de connaître les produits chimiques toxiques dans les produits de la vie quotidienne 21/12/2018
- Save #OurBlueLung: 35 NGOs join forces and urge EU ministers to commit to 20 measures to protect our seas by 2020 19/12/2018
- EU reaches landmark agreement to slash plastic pollution 19/12/2018