MIO-ECSDE has faced another consecutive rejection of its proposed annual work programme by the European Commission as submitted for a bi-annual NGO operating grant. This is the 5th rejection since 2011 (2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, 2011) and it goes without saying that the robustness of MIO-ECSDE is significantly affected. There are old and new projects that are running for 2016 that will help the Secretariat survive the year, but unfortunately fewer services can be provided to the membership. It is needless to say that the Secretariat will try its best to minimise the negative impacts of this lack of support.
- Take the cotton buds survey! 03/01/2018
- MIO-ECSDE calls on Barcelona Convention Contracting Parties to step up efforts to meet SDG14 targets 27/12/2017
- New study highlights educational benefits of footprint calculator 21/12/2017
- SDG14 and Marine Litter: what progress has been made in the Mediterranean? 20/12/2017
- Pollution of the marine environment: Mediterranean Marine Protected Areas managers gather in Izola to talk about solutions 01/12/2017