MIO-ECSDE has faced another consecutive rejection of its proposed annual work programme by the European Commission as submitted for a bi-annual NGO operating grant. This is the 5th rejection since 2011 (2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, 2011) and it goes without saying that the robustness of MIO-ECSDE is significantly affected. There are old and new projects that are running for 2016 that will help the Secretariat survive the year, but unfortunately fewer services can be provided to the membership. It is needless to say that the Secretariat will try its best to minimise the negative impacts of this lack of support.
- Consolidating the fight against marine litter in coastal and pelagic Mediterranean MPAs, new project kicks off 07/05/2018
- Summer University 2018 on Biosphere Reserves: register now! 30/04/2018
- MIO-ECSDE tackles odour pollution through the D-NOSES project 26/04/2018
- Three steps EU countries must take to achieve clean and healthy seas by 2020 11/04/2018
- Farewell to Nacer Riad Bendaoud 22/03/2018