MIO-ECSDE has faced another consecutive rejection of its proposed annual work programme by the European Commission as submitted for a bi-annual NGO operating grant. This is the 5th rejection since 2011 (2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, 2011) and it goes without saying that the robustness of MIO-ECSDE is significantly affected. There are old and new projects that are running for 2016 that will help the Secretariat survive the year, but unfortunately fewer services can be provided to the membership. It is needless to say that the Secretariat will try its best to minimise the negative impacts of this lack of support.
- MPA Managers and ACT4LITTER kick-off pilots to combat marine litter in the Mediterranean 17/11/2017
- Enhancing capacities to survey and manage marine litter in Algeria 10/11/2017
- Strengthening participatory coastal management for the reduction of marine litter in Morocco 23/10/2017
- MPA managers and marine litter experts actively involved in the ACT4LITTER! 04/10/2017
- Monitoring and assessment of marine litter in the Egyptian Mediterranean coastline 21/09/2017