MIO-ECSDE has faced another consecutive rejection of its proposed annual work programme by the European Commission as submitted for a bi-annual NGO operating grant. This is the 5th rejection since 2011 (2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, 2011) and it goes without saying that the robustness of MIO-ECSDE is significantly affected. There are old and new projects that are running for 2016 that will help the Secretariat survive the year, but unfortunately fewer services can be provided to the membership. It is needless to say that the Secretariat will try its best to minimise the negative impacts of this lack of support.
- Moving forward on EU measures to ensure a circular design of fishing gear for the reduction of environmental impacts 21/02/2020
- La Convention de Berne approuve pleinement les plaintes de MEDASSET concernant les habitats majeurs des tortues marines 12/02/2020
- Bern Convention fully embraces MEDASSET’s complaints about important sea turtle habitats 12/02/2020
- Call for applications for piloting marine litter prevention and mitigation measures in Mediterranean MPAs 28/01/2020
- Les ONG environnementales lancent un nouveau plan de sauvetage pour l’Europe afin de rendre nos océans sains d’ici 2030 28/01/2020