The Chairman of MIO-ECSDE Prof. Michael Scoullos goes to Gafsa, Tunisia, in support of an EU funded project dedicated to the historical Gafsa oasis (certified by the FAO in 2011 as a Globally Important Agricultural Heritage System-GIAHS). A MIO-ECSDE member organization, the Association for the Protection of the Medina of Gafsa, in its long standing efforts to preserve the oasis for current and future generations, is through this project promoting income-generating activities for the promotion of its products and by-products by women and youth groups. A very successful national festival took place in Tunis last December (see a short film in Arabic). The goal is to halt the loss of biodiversity and the ‘shrinking’ of the oasis, enhance the local economy, increase awareness and support the local community by involving them in the sustainable development of their oasis. The role of MIO-ECSDE is to overview the progress of the project and provide technical assistance.
- Farewell to Nacer Riad Bendaoud 22/03/2018
- Join the Spring edition of the ACT4LITTER Marine Litter Watch Month to assess marine litter in Med coastal and marine protected areas 21/03/2018
- Marine litter in Mediterranean coastal and marine protected areas – How bad is it? 21/03/2018
- Πρόσκληση Εκδήλωσης Ενδιαφέροντος για την εφαρμογή συστήματος συλλογής βρόχινου νερού και δημιουργία κάθετου κήπου στο Κτίριο Διεύθυνσης Διαχείρισης Αστικού Περιβάλλοντος Δήμου Θεσσαλονίκης 16/03/2018
- Take the cotton buds survey! 03/01/2018